- About us
- Contact Us
- Products & Services
- All Products & Services
- Report A Lost or Stolen Card
- ATM/Debit Cards
- Cashiers Checks
- College Scholarships
- Credit Cards (MasterCard)
- Checking Accounts
- Discount Amusement Park Tickets
- Family Advantage Program
- Family Secure Checking
- Gift Cards
- Mobile Banking (FamilyMobileCU)
- Money Orders
- Online Banking
- Payroll Deduction
- Reloadable Debit Cards
- Shared Branching
- Financial Resources
Checking & Debit
Checking is free at Friends and Family Credit Union. There is NO Minimum Balance and NO Monthly Service Charges. Checking accounts include a free MasterMoney ATM/Debit Card.
With an ATM/Debit Card, you can deposit, withdraw, transfer, or shop. Your debit card will electronically deduct funds from your checking account at the point of sale. You can use your debit card anywhere you see the MasterCard® logo and for online purchases. This card is also an ATM card and can be used to withdraw cash at ATM machines.
The following checking fees may apply:
Returned Check (Non-Sufficient Funds): $30.00
Stop Payment on a Check: $ 30.00
To see other fees that may apply, please review our complete fee schedule.
Our new Family Secure Checking with IDProtect™ provides protection for you and your family* for any identity fraud event, financial or otherwise, anywhere in the world… even if the event has nothing to do with your account at Friends & Family Credit Union.
Registration and activation in ID Protect is easy:
- Go to www.IDProtectMe247.com and follow the simple step-by-step instructions to register and activate benefits; or,
- Call l-877-610-7889 for questions related to any of the benefits and services, or for assistance with registration and activation.
Family Secure Checking includes:
IDProtect® - Identity theft protection service for you, your family, and joint account owners:
- Credit Monitoring - daily credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax and TransUnion credit reports (registration/activation is required)
- Total Identity Monitoring - continuous monitoring of over 1,000 databases including credit, Social Security, public records, real property records, telephone and many others (registration/activation is required)
- 3-in-1 Credit Report - request new 3-in-l report every 90 days or upon receipt of credit alert (registration/activation is required)
- Credit Score - receive a new single bureau credit score with every new credit report (registration/activation is required)
- Up to $10,000 identity fraud expense reimbursement coverage - for expenses associated with restoring your identity**
- Fully managed Identity Theft Resolution Services and Personal Information Management Program (for a full list of benefits and services, visit www.IDProtectMe247.com)
- Access to a dedicated fraud specialist assigned to manage your case who will work with you until your credit and identity are restored
- Identity theft recovery case plan to inform you of the recovery process
- Debit and credit card registration (registration/activation is required)
- Online identity theft news center and valuable phone and web resources
- Secure Internet Browsing Software - downloadable software that provides you with a secure and private internet connection isolating you from crimeware - even if your computer is infected with viruses
Cellular Telephone Protection - Receive up to $300 of replacement or repair costs if your cell phone is stolen or damaged, in the U.S. and abroad. (Please see the Guide to Benefits for additional details regarding eligibility, terms and exclusions.)
*IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protextion service available to account owner(s) and their family. Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years af age and parent(s) who are residents of the same household. Service is notl available to a "signer" on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to businesses and their employees, clubs and/or churches and itheir members, schools and their employees/students.
**Identify Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group, Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions. Your certificate of coverage was enclosed in a mailing if you received one.
Insurance product is not a deposit; not American Share Insurance (ASI) insured; not an obligation of Credit Union; and not guaranteed by Credit Union or any affiliated entity. Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions. Please see complete details at your local branch.
Convenient Account Access
Access your checking account anytime online, by phone, or at a convenient ATM location.
- ART Phone Banking at 330-832-4384 – Check balances, deposits, cleared checks, and more 24 hours a day using ART, our telephone audio response system..
- OBIE Online Banking – Access your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week anywhere you have Internet access
- ATMs – Access your account at our three local ATM locations or at any of the Alliance One Network locations.
- E-Statements – Access your statements electronically when you sign up for e-statements through OBIO Online Banking.
Reloadable Debit Cards
LOAD – SPEND – RELOAD!
Our new Reloadable Debit Cards are safe, convenient and do not require a checking or credit card account.
Now you can get all the ease, convenience, and safety of plastic without the risk of debt! Your wallet never runs on empty!
A pre-paid Reloadable Debit Card:
- Safer to carry than cash (not tied to your checking or savings account)
- No Credit History required
- Perfect for travel, special purchases, everyday expenses
- Can be used wherever Visa is accepted
- Great for teens and college students
- Can be used for online purchases
- No swipe or pin fees
Visit any Friends & Family office to open your Reloadable Debit Card.
MasterCard SecureCode protects your online purchases
MasterCard SecureCode is a private code for your MasterCard debit account that you can use when you’re shopping online. Only you and Friends And Family Credit Union know what your code is – retailers aren’t able to see it. So you can trust that your transactions get independent approval every time. More than 350,000 online retailers support transactions made with SecureCode. Look for the logo when you’re providing your payment information. The best way to pay on the internet®. Sign up now.
Reorder Checks Online
You can reorder your Friends And Family checks online through our partner Harland Clarke. It takes just a few clicks and you can select from hundreds of designs and accessories to fit your personal style. Reorder checks online
Stop worrying about inadvertently overdrawing your checking account. With Overdraft Privilege, we will consider paying check, ACH, ATM and Debit Card transactions if an overdraft occurs on your account (up to the overdraft limit of $600). If you utilize our Overdraft Privilege, we will notify you that an overdraft has occurred, you will be charged a $30 fee, and you will have 30 days to bring your account to a positive balance.
Online Bill Pay
Pay your bills conveniently and securely online through FFCU. You can have automatic payments taken out of your FFCU checking account for loan payments, insurance premiums, utility bills, and more.
Payroll Deduction & Direct Deposit
You can have part or all of your paychecks automatically deposited to your checking account. Ask your employer if you can take advantage of these convenient services.
Direct Deposit is simply a way of having payments you normally receive by check sent directly to us, where they are automatically deposited into an account of your choice. It means convenience, safety, and added dividends for you.